Wednesday 4 June 2014

Is there more than one true God?

So is there more than one true God?


The Bible teaches us that there is only one true and living God, and apart from him there is no other.
Let’s take a look at some verses.

God is ONE Lord.

  •  Deuteronomy 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:”

No God formed before or after him.

  • Isaiah 43:10 “Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

There is no Saviour beside him.

  • Isaiah 43:11 “I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”

I am the first, and I am the last.

  • Isaiah 44:6 “Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Is there a God beside me?

  • Isaiah 44:8 “Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? Ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? Yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Again, there is none beside me.

  • Isaiah 45:21 “Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? Who hath told it from that time? Have not I the Lord? And there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.”

And again, there is none else.

  • Isaiah 45:22 “Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.”

There is none like me.

  • Isaiah 46:9 “Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,”

Here Jesus quotes Deuteronomy 6:4

  •  Mark 12:29 “And Jesus answered him, the first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:”

A scribe responds to Jesus

  • Mark 12:32 “And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:”

Even the devils believe in one God.

  • James 2:19 “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.”

There is one mediator between God and men.

  • 1 Timothy 2:5 “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;”

God is one.

  • 1 Corinthians 8:6 “but to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”

From the above verses, we can clearly see that the bible teaches that there is only ONE God. 

Anyone who comes before you preaching that there are many Gods is a false teacher, please be aware and look to the bible as your source of authority and truth.

This concludes my first blog, I want to keep it simple and should you have comments or like to discuss things please use the comments section. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the Article, I appreciate your feedback
Sometimes you get spammed so please be patient for your comments to be published.